“Senseless, tragic, sad, I am running out of words to describe the emotions I have about the loss of this young girl. Anger, frustration, rage now come to mind as I see too many guns on the streets. These guns are in the hands of people willing to use them to kill others. As Alderman, I have worked with local community violence interrupters, neighborhood leaders, and the Police Department. The reality is that too many guns are finding their way into our communities. It is time for a national solution. We can solve this problem on a Federal level. We need to stop kowtowing to the NRA and listen to the people who demand action. I am fed up, and I will use the skills I learned in the rough and tumble world of the Chicago City Council. I will be a loud voice on the floor of Congress, but I will also be the quiet voice in offices and hallways where the work will be accomplished to get guns off the streets.” said Ald. Pat Dowell, candidate for the Democratic nomination for Illinois’ 1st Congressional District.
- SEIU Local 73 Endorses Pat Dowell for Congress
- Robbins Mayor Endorses Pat Dowell for the 1ST Congressional District
- Statement on the Buffalo Mass Shooting from Ald. Pat Dowell, Candidate for Congress in the 1st District
- Pat Dowell, IL 1st CD Candidate on the Threat to Roe v Wade
- Pat Dowell, IL 1st CD Candidate Shares the Good News about the Chicago Reader
No comments to show.