“With the backdrop of two powerful women leaders and trailblazers, Vice President Kamala Harris and US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, President Joe Biden delivered a powerful and passionate vision for our country. The President and I share the same approach on a number of issues. We are both committed to building consensus and that we are stronger together. I share his belief that it is best to build the economy from the bottom up – in the First Congressional District we see the need to fully fund the extension of the Red Line and other infrastructure improvements. I support closing tax loopholes for the rich and a tax rate of 15% on large corporations. We need to expand access to community colleges and trade/technical schools preparing people for the emerging industries that will make up the next economy. I join the President in standing firm to fight voter suppression by passing the John Lewis Voting Rights Act. When I am elected to Congress, I will work with President Biden to increase the federal minimum wage to $15/hour and extend the childcare tax credit. Most importantly, I am proud to support President Biden’s nomination of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to the US Supreme Court,” said Ald. Pat Dowell, candidate for the Democratic nomination for Illinois’ 1st Congressional District.
- SEIU Local 73 Endorses Pat Dowell for Congress
- Robbins Mayor Endorses Pat Dowell for the 1ST Congressional District
- Statement on the Buffalo Mass Shooting from Ald. Pat Dowell, Candidate for Congress in the 1st District
- Pat Dowell, IL 1st CD Candidate on the Threat to Roe v Wade
- Pat Dowell, IL 1st CD Candidate Shares the Good News about the Chicago Reader
No comments to show.